Monday, November 26, 2012

'Tis the Season Card

I've been making a LOT of very simple and easy to make cards but this week I thought I'd try to put just a bit more effort into this enterprise.  I have a long list of people I want to send cards to this year though, so I can't get too carried away.


I love how this one turned out.  It's still very easy to make but the punched bottom, edging, and embossing make it just a little more special.


You can see the embossing a bit better here.

And before you complement me on my outstanding penmanship, all credit goes to my Silhouette machine.  That's the "English Essay" font.  I still haven't figured out how to get my machine to fill in text so I love how thin the lines on this font are.

Here's the inspiration card, which looks very little like the one I made.

                                          Source: scrapbook.com via Etcetorize on Pinterest


Do you stick to traditional red and green for Christmas or do you like to play with colour?  Leave a comment below~

11 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Those are beautiful, and the first one is my favorite. Gorgeous card!!

Dixie n Dottie said...

These are lovely! Great job! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Christmas link party, starting at midnight! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

Jill said...

Lovely cards Tamara!! I let my girls make all our Christmas cards each year - so we get all kinds of colours on them!! :)

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hello Tamara,your card is very nice.The colors you used may not be the traditional ones but they are winter colors,i think.My cards are always sparkly and multicolored,because Christmas for me is probably the only holiday that makes all of us kids again.

Anonymous said...

Hello Tamara,your card is very nice.The colors you used may not be the traditional ones but they are winter colors,i think.My cards are always sparkly and multicolored,because Christmas for me is probably the only holiday that makes all of us kids again.

Anonymous said...

Hello Tamara,your card is very nice.The colors you used may not be the traditional ones but they are winter colors,i think.My cards are always sparkly and multicolored,because Christmas for me is probably the only holiday that makes all of us kids again.

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Love your card! I like to play with non traditional colors for Christmas.

Cathy C said...

Love all your cards but the second is my fav:) Saw your post over at someday crafts.

Marcia said...

Your beautiful card is an inspiration! My cards this year will be pink and aqua, so it's safe to say I like to play with color. :D When I go traditional red and green, it's never the primary tones. I lean toward a vintage look. Thanks for sharing these images! Got here via FPTFY Linky party. :D

Sew Can Do said...

Gorgeous as usual - I really like that blue snowflake in the center - is that just stuck on top? Really pretty. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

So pretty! Thanks for linking up to my Pin Me Party! I am now following you via GFC, Pinterest & Twitter!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...