Friday, November 2, 2012

Let the Spool Knitting Begin!

I don't know about you, but it's been awhile since I've pulled my spool knitter out.  Let's get back into it with a nice easy project:

boot socks, DIY socks, spool knitting, loom knitting, leg warmers


Yes, more boot socks.  This is for those of you who don't feel like cutting the sleeves off of your favourite sweater or making them from lace.  These are comfy, cozy, and have the real look of something made from scratch with love.

Here's what you need:

Materials:
-Spool knitter
-Wool
-Scissors

Go to Tuesday's post to find all of the links if you need a quick review.

Now watch the video to find out how to make this super easy project.



Tah dah!  So easy, so trendy, and sooooooooo warm~

Add a flower embellishment, pompoms, or roll the down~
I'm hoping to do another spool knitting project soon that's a bit more advance than anything we've done in the past.  Stay tuned~

This project was featured was here:
A Crafty Soiree

10 comments:

Unknown said...

these are darling! I might have to give them a try...boots every day get soo boring.

Little City Farm said...

Just getting back into the crochet/knitting mood. This is perfect timing and definitely something I am going to try. Adorable you as always.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea i'll make a couple of pairs to match my boots.

Is said...

Hi Tamara! I am your newest follower from Spain: Hola! :)
I love your blog and the boot socks are great!! Did you use the basic stitch to make them? I'm totally trying this!
Hugs

Jill said...

This is so cool Tamara! I've never seen a spool knitter before - and also so nice to see and hear you on a video!!! Great work!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

These are so great! I just got into knitting and I think I'm going to have to try to make these...love it!

Visiting from the Rae Gun wear link up...loving your blog

xo,

LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

the classroom creative said...

Tamara-

I'm so uncool in the textiles world, that I didn't even know about spool knitting. Thanks for the video!

Nicolette

Unknown said...

Love this! The socks - love. Knitting without knitting needles - love! I can't knit to save my life, so maybe I'll have to try this out. I'm starting a new link party today and would be honored if you would come and link up. http://www.gingerlymade.com/2012/11/show-and-tell-1.html

Unknown said...

Holy moly! Totally love these and can't thank you enough for joining our Pin'inspiration Party. You are going to be a feature next week C:

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

I featured you today!

Kara
www.mineforthemaking.com

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...