Thursday, November 22, 2012

Seeking a Friend



Instead of a book review, this week I want to tell you about a movie I saw recently.

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

Summary (IMDB):
As an asteroid nears Earth, a man find himself alone after his wife leaves in a panic.  He decides to take a road trip to reunite with his high school sweetheart.  Accompanying him is a neighbour who inadvertently puts a wrench in his plan.
Review:
While Steve Carell and Keira Knightley are perhaps one of the oddest match ups in movie history I enjoyed this movie.  I love how the very first scene starts with the announcement that all efforts to stop the asteroid from hitting Earth have failed and the countdown is now on.

I also loved how the movie showed the full range of reactions to the news.  We all might think we know what we'd do if we only had a few weeks to live, but this movie explores the reality of what probably would happen.

There are funny bits, sad bits, uncomfortable bits, and heartwarming bits.  I was genuinely surprised by the ending.

This is one of those movies that still had me thinking several days later, wondering how I would react to the news.  I honestly don't know.  It also begs the question, if there's something you really want to do with your life, what are you waiting for?  What's the meaning of being here if not to do something great with what you've got?

So many questions, so few answers.  If you watch this movie, I think you'll be entertained and forced to reevaluate your priorities.  For some of us, that's a good thing~


Have you seen this movie?  My friend found it on Netflix but I don't even remember it showing up in the theatres.  I don't think it got fabulous reviews but I still recommend it.  What do you think?  Leave a comment below.

2 comments:

Malena Valcárcel said...

I am going to watch it, we`ll see if I live it. Thanks for the review :)
Regards from Spain.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.


[url=http://cheapnfljerseys168.synergize.co/]Wholesale NFL Jerseys[/url]



[url=http://louisvuittonhandbags8.joomla-host.org/]louis vuitton handbags[/url]

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...