Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Travel Coasters

I picked up these fairly ugly coasters at the second hand store that I'm sure some stylish newlyweds donated after receiving as a thoughtful wedding gift.


And I turned them into these!


When I say "Travel Coasters", I don't mean that they're meant to take travelling with you.  They're glass and a little on the heavy and breakable side as far as coasters go.  I just mean that the images are of travel and hopefully inspire the user to want to visit the far off place on their coaster.


The images are from magazines and travel brochures that I've collected over the years~

You can visit my Butterfly coasters post if you want to see a step by step tutorial on how to make your own. There's a trick to getting that super shiny gloss finish on top.


Do they make you want to travel?  Where's your dream destination?  Leave a comment!

3 comments:

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

I'm packing my bags ;)
Great idea !

<3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
Wildly Original linky party is open

Unknown said...

Your travel coasters are a really cute and fun idea. I saw you at funky junk's link party and came to see you. I am new a blogging and would love for you to visit me at memoriesbythemile.com
Hope to see you there.
Wanda Ann

Jill said...

Love your coasters - I'd make ones of Africa, where we will definitely go one day on safari....

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...