Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Rock On!

From time to time I join a group of very talented musicians for a little jam session with my guitar.  The last time I went I was inspired by a T-shirt I saw one of the guys wearing and thought I'd make my own version.

guitar applique, DIY Guitar T shirt



I just used a vintage t-shirt pattern, opened up the neck a bit, added some fullness under the arms and then appliqued my pretty guitar heads on it using some scrap cottons I had on hand.

I used these images with my Silhouette to make the outlines:

 

I ironed on the sewable heat transfer interfacing to the back of my fabric, cut out the images with the Silhouette, and then ironed them onto the T-shirt.  Then I sewed around all the edges, otherwise it would probably just wash right off.

That's it!  Super easy.  Rock on~

11 comments:

Betsy @ Anna Nimmity said...

It's great! I love how it's a rocker shirt, but still girlie.

Unknown said...

Looks awesome, great job! Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
Bethany @ Whistle and Ivy

SewSweetVIntage said...

Neat project. I jam with a group from time to time too! Maybe i'll try making one of these:) New follower. Follow me too http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/01/love-me-love-my-dog.html

Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife said...

This came out great!! I am going to have to make one for myself. My husband plays in a band and I want to wear one of these for his gigs. TFS!!

Stopping by from Sugar & Dots linky party. Here is what I shared: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2013/01/fun-fur-boa-scarf.html

Unknown said...

very cute idea! I love how it turned out. You just want to start playing along on your shirt now- the only thing that would make it cooler was if it somehow made noises :)

Sonja @ Craft-Werk said...

How cool is that??? I am definitely going to make that for my guitar-God son.
(Stopping by from Shabby Chic blog party.)

Crystelle Boutique said...

No WAY! It is more than super cute!
You are so amazingly talented....!

Hope you had fun in your jam session...

hugs x
Crystelle

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

FUN!!!! :)

Katrine said...

So cute! This would be fun for T-shirts for my boys as well as myself. I found you from Sew can do.

Jill said...

Beautiful! Love those flowery guitars!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Love it!!!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...