Friday, January 4, 2013

Personalized Tea

Some of the ladies in my family have very stressful lives.  These cute little personalized tea bags each have an affirmation to help them get through the day and look on the bright side of the tea cup~

personalized tea bags, mod podge craft

Here's what you need to make your own:


Materials:
-pretty papers (one sheet of two sided patterned and one sheet of plain)
-Mod Podge and sponge brush
-tea (if you can find the tea that's already on a string that's best.  That way you don't have to add your own.)
-if you don't have a cutting machine you'll also need a pen and scissors

1) This project is sooooo easy but does require a tiny bit of prep work.  First, you need to decide what you want your tea bags to say.  I used positive affirmations but you could send more personal messages, love notes, or anything else you want!

I'll share mine with you to get you started:


Have fun, play with fonts, colours, and sizes.  I use my Silhouette machine to write them all out into cute little frames and then cut them out, but you can still do it old school and just use simple shapes.

Here's what they looked like all cut out:


2) Cut out small squares of pretty scrapbooking paper to use as your background.  It's best if you use two sided paper.  Your squares need to be just a bit bigger than the ones you made above, see pic #2 below.



3) Take your teabags out of the box and unwind all of the tags.  I had to trim mine just a bit.


4) Apply some Mod Podge (or other adhesive) to the back of one of your text pieces, and place the tea bag tag on top.


5)  Add just a bit more glue onto the tag you just added and place the whole thing onto one of your background papers.


6) Now just repeat until you've tagged all of your tea!

personalized tea bags, mod podge craft

It's that easy!  I also recovered the boxes that the tea came in to make it a bit prettier.  If I had more time I would've use a nice wooden box or something more special (yes, I was a last minute crafter again this Christmas).

My 'new agey' affirmation type ways can be a bit much for my family and I was expecting a lot of rolling eyes on Christmas morning when these were opened but they went over surprisingly well.  These would make a great Valentines gift too!

What would you like your tea bags to say to you every morning?  Leave a comment below~

13 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

That's so cute! I'd like one attached to Earl Grey or English Breakfast, please. ;-)

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

I love this idea! My goodness I want to be gifted this! True story.

Theresa said...

Absolutely adorable! I love my tea in the afternoon. My teas would have pick-me-ups. Sayings to help with that afternoon slump.
Pinned this project, going to do for sure! Thank you for the beautiful tutorial.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I love this. I don't really like tea, but this would be perfect for gifts!

Brenda said...

What a sweet idea. Works for so many gift ideas, right? Love it.
Thanks for this.

Nadia@loveliveandgarden said...

SUPER adorable! I have several stressed out ladies among my loved ones.. I will have to try this out. Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

A perfect little pick-me-up!
Linda at Beautiful Ideas

Crafts a la Mode said...

This is so darling!! I love it. I think I'll make some for my Mom. Thanks for showing how. Happy New Year. Linda

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Such a perfect idea! I'll keep that in mind!

Anonymous said...

What a super idea! I will be using this to be sure and have pinned it for all to see. ~Kelly

http://www.deniablydomestic.com/2013/01/vintage-bulb-wreath.html

olga said...

This is such a great idea!it can be used as a gift or at the party.
www.impromp-two.blogspot.com

Fluster Buster said...

This would be a great idea for my bible study class. I could put bible verses on them. I’m a new follower. I saw your link on Creating my Way to Success. I would love for you to come by and share your creativity with my friends @
http://www.flusterbuster.com/search/label/Fluster%20Muster%20Party

Robin@ Fluster Buster
Fluster Muster Linky Party - Wednesdays

Jill said...

Oh Tamara - you share the best and simplest ideas with us here - I LOVE this idea and will be doing it for sure myself!!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you’re having a fabulous weekend.
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...