Monday, January 14, 2013

Little Chefs

Here's another project that's been on my 'to do' list for far too long....

little chefs, DIY chefs hat, kids apron

I wanted to give my niece and nephew and cute little cookbook that I got when I was a kid and thought a chef hat and apron would be the perfect addition.


Do you recognize this book?
It was a Hallmark book for kids in the 70's.

Happy Pixies Cookbook

Each recipe page had a window that opened or some kind of texture element.

Happy Pixies Cookbook

I've always been a picky eater...well, let's be honest, picky doesn't even begin to describe my eating habits.  So, I never did make anything from the book. But I sure did look at it a lot.

The hats and aprons are from another book I told you about while ago, Fabric by Fabric One Yard Wonders.


You can see another project I made from the book HERE.

What book from your childhood to you remember?  Do you still have it? Leave a comment below~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the links/guide!:)

Hopping by and following your lovely blog's twitter, FB and Pinterest. I blog @ Getting Healthy with Essential Oils

Jill said...

Looks like a fun cookbook! I remember my first cookbook - I made peppermint creams from it and loved them. I tried making them with my kids but they weren't over impressed and I had to eat them all...ooopps....:)

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

One of my favorites as a kid was Small Pig by Arnold Lobel. Don't have that old copy of it, but I did buy one for my kids to enjoy! Thanks for linking up at my Pin Me Linky Party.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...