Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Show and Tell: Smock Dress

Why does no one ever tell me that my dresses are too short????  I only end up finding out after I've taken some photos to show off my projects to you guys.  Suddenly I realize that I've been flashing the world way too much leg!


(Sorry for the slightly crapola pictures.  I was going to retake these shots but I've been sick all through the holidays and look like a ghost right now. )

I used McCall's "Stich and Save" 6146, which is now out of print.  I've seen a few listings on Etsy for it though.

Photo

There's a similar pattern for little girls, so if you're into the mommy and me look you could really make a cute matching ensemble.  I made my niece the top...but we don't match.

Here's a close up of the neckline.


I used a super soft brushed cotton so it's actually a really comfy little dress.  I think I'll start wearing it with leggings though~


13 comments:

Moois van mie said...

this is niot to short for you, you're legs are beautiful( i'm jealous ! ) so it doesn't matter...

Mindy said...

Sorry you've been feeling icky!! Hope you're better soon. Love the fabric here!

Punky Prep said...

Ooh super cute!
www.craftingrebellion.com

Chris said...

I've been sick throughout the holidays too!

You have nice legs, so I don't think you're showing too much. Leggings or sweater tights would work well too tho!

http://pearspalette.etsy.com

Jan said...

So sorry to hear that you have been sick over the holidays.

As for the length of the dress - if you got it (and you do) flaunt it.

Feel better!

Jan said...

So sorry to hear that you have been sick over the holidays.

As for the length of the dress - if you got it (and you do) flaunt it.

Feel better!

Unknown said...

I hope you get feeling better! All the kiddos have been sick too. I love your dress. I agree with the other commenter you have great legs show them off!:) Thanks for linking to our Link it up Thursday Party:)

Unknown said...

I featured you on my Facebook page today.:)

Little City Farm said...

I agree too,...you have great legs and you're young enough to still show them off (I vaguely remember those days, ha ha). I love the neckline on this dress. Where do you typically find your patterns?

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

This dress came out so great, and I'm in agreement, if you've got the legs, flaunt 'em!

A few blog friends and I are collectively presenting a new challenge idea and it would be so fun to have you join. If you have a second, check in at http://www.thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com on Monday to learn more, and feel free to email me if you have any questions!
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

Jill said...

Lovely dress - and absolutely not too short! You have great legs and if you've got it flaunt it!!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Abbie said...

Super-cute, Tamara! You did a great job!

And I agree with your reader who said that tights (or I even think, jeans) would work well to offset the shortness issue!

Hope you're feeling better!

Thanks SO much for linking up your awesome posts @ Feature Friday Free-for-All!

~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

tobecontinued said...

Very cute! I need to make myself some things like this for after I have this baby- it looks comfy and forgiving up top!
You look great in it, I say rock it as is!!!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...