Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Don't Need a Bad Boyfriend...I've got Blogger

Have you ever been in one of those relationships where your emotions are constantly swinging from happiness and joy, to frustration and anger, to worry and regret, and back to happiness all within hours?  That's me and Blogger.

Things have been going really well lately.  We were happy and seeing each other regularly, sometimes several times a day and I didn't even have to sign each and every time.  It was heaven.

Then came what I thought was the diamond ring...threaded comments.  I was over the moon with excitement.  I had even written a post telling you how you could find the happiness that Blogger and I had, pictures and everything.

Smiley, Cartoon Smile design, logo Illustration
Source

Then things went a little topsy turvey, it turned out that the diamond was a cubic zirconia.  I really, really tried to make things work, but it just wasn't.  Blogger wouldn't let me see anyone else and seemed to sometimes get jealous when others came to see me.


Source



So I gave back the ring.  I was sad but we worked things out.  I thought we were both on the same page, until suddenly yesterday, out of nowhere at all, Blogger broke up with me!!!!  Erased all traces of me.  I still don't know what I did to deserve it.


Source

I was upset, stressed, angry, sad, all the things you feel when you break up.  I had put so much hard work into this relationship and suddenly it was all for nothing.

I resolved to play it cool, I went for a walk (even though it was -27), thought about things, calmed down and went to talk to Blogger a few hours later.

Blogger won't tell me what I did but it seems that we've decided to give it another go.  I am forgiven and we're going to keep trying to make this work.



Source
I've learned my lesson though. I have a back up plan in case something happens again (Design, Settings, Other, Blog Tools, Export Blog).  We thought about taking a break for a month but I've really gotten used to our little circle of mutual friends and I think I'd miss everyone far too much, besides...deep down I know Blogger really loves me, so I'm sticking around~

Very special thanks to my good friends: Gen who was there to keep me from going over the deep end throughout all of this and Terry who actually noticed I wasn't myself and checked to see if I was OK.


Wish Blogger and I luck, and let me know how it's going for you, threaded comments and all~



7 comments:

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Blogger as I said is not letting me add your wonderful button to my posts, since I need to resize it to fix the other ones. It keeps adding gobble-d-gook that doesn't belong in the code. I tried the comments that allow people to comment on comments (is that what you had?) But people said it didn't allow them to comment, so I removed it. And yes, I back up my blog!!

Etcetorize said...

Thanks for the heads up Anita. I'm working on some new buttons. I'll just have to get them up and working sooner than I thought~

Gen said...

You deserve better! Blogger is lucky to have you. You remember that little lady! Geez, always falling for the wrong guy!

xox
Gen

Sunny Simple Life said...

I haven't had any problems lately and did put the threaded comments on but I sure hope I don't. I have been reading about many blogs that are having problems right now. I have thought of switching too but I don't like the format of the wordpress and typepad.

Jan said...

Blogger does seem to be a bit moody and unpredictable. But I tried Wordpress and he was worse. Stick to the devil you know!

Little City Farm said...

Though it is soooo not funny that you've gone through this little bit of hell, your blog today was hilarious. I don't know if it is heartening or not to hear that wordpress is the same way. I have thought of switching but it seems like too much work. Thanks for the saving blog tip - I am going to do that right now!

Sell WoW Account said...

hope they fix these bugs soon

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...