Friday, January 27, 2012

Glitter Frame

I got the big pack of Martha Stewart Glitter for Christmas and have just started digging into it...yahoo!  It's a glitter fest!

Here's what you need for today's glitter party:

That's a glue pen below the frame, a must-have tool for this project~
 Steps:
1) Paint your wooden frame with some acrylic paint.  You'll most likely need to do at least two coats.  Don't forget to paint the sides and the inside edge.


2) With your glue pen, draw your design.  I'm making roses...because it's easy~


3) I just drew a couple of roses at a time so that my glue wouldn't dry out before I got to the next step, the fun part, adding the glitter!


4) Make your way around your frame, adding glue and glitter as you go.


I didn't seal mine, which I may regret, but I'll see how it stands up.


I have to say, I'm quite pleased with this.  It's been a project in my head for ages, I wasn't sure what it would look like in reality, surprisingly it's quite pretty!


You could go crazy using different colours or a contrasting colour to the paint.  You could even mod podge something first and then glitter the edges of a pattern!  Ooooh!  The wheels in my head are suddenly spinning!

Let me know what you think.  Do you have a glue pen?  What handy uses do you use it for?  Leave a comment~

8 comments:

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

Awesome! love it :)

Gen said...

Need me a glue pen! A great project for Valentine's. Thanks,

Little City Farm said...

That turned out spectacular. I love your roses (though I doubt I would find them easy to make, lol), and I love watching the wheels spin in your head.

Sunny Simple Life said...

How cute is that. I can see this as something my 14 year old would love to try.

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

what a GREAT project! i simply love it and you can do just about anything with the technique!!!! you are rockin girl!

Lindsey said...

I love it! I saw the Martha glitter pack and I really had to control myself and not spend the money. lol.

Annie said...

Thats so cool! Very pretty. I never have much luck with glue pens, I'd probably just end up with a big splodgy mess! x

annieshomemadeheaven.blogspot.com

the cape on the corner said...

a glue pen. how neat! are you sure you didn't steal my kitty and put her picture in your frame, lol.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...