Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Vintage Patterns Wiki: 1920's

With Downton Abbey done for the season I've had to get my fix of 1920's fabulous fashions elsewhere.


Last week I showed you some of my favourite swimwear finds on Vintage Patterns Wiki and this week we'll take a look at some treasures from the 1920's.

As soon as I saw this I thought of Lady Edith.

Even without pretty colour drawings I can see how pretty this dress would be.
It's very Lady Mary~

And of course, it wouldn't be a party without
a showstopping dress for cousin Rose!
I LOVE view A and would wear it in a heartbeat.
There are so many things that should make 1920's fashions so wrong, but somehow they end up looking totally gorgeous.  I think it must have something to do with envisioning them all in fabulous flowing silks.

Patterns from the 1920's are not easy to come by and can sometimes go for over $100.  Do you think you could shell out that much just for a pattern? (I think I might for the right pattern)

How old is the oldest pattern in your collection?  Could you part with it or does it have sentimental value?  Leave a comment below~

1 comment:

Cranberry Morning said...

LOVE that party dress with all the ruffle! But still, unless I were making them to sell, I'd never shell out $100 for any pattern. I know people who can look at a dress and make it without a pattern. Isn't that amazing?!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...