Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Vintage Pattern Wiki: Hollywood Glam

I might not ever have an occasion to go all Hollywood glam myself, but these patterns from Hollywood Patterns sure make me wish I did.



Hollywod Patterns were around from 1932 until sometime near the end of World War II.  They always had a picture in the upper left hand corner of one of the famous, and beautiful, movie or radio actresses of the day.

I definitely would've been a sucker for anything with Katherine Hepburn's picture on it.


Notice the bust measurement?  These days a size 16 is around 40" or more and hips can run around 43".  My how sizing has changed!

Not all Hollywood patterns were glamorous gowns.  I think I could wear this pretty dress at the office or a special daytime event:


And you know how much I love a beautiful and dramatic coat:


Get inspired by all of the beautiful vintage patterns at Vintage Pattern Wiki.  Just do a search on 'Hollywood' or 'movie star' and you'll get lost in time~

Who's your favourite Hollywood screen star of the past?  Leave a comment below~

4 comments:

Mindy said...

It took away my comment! Crazy. =)

Anyway, I'm amazed at the sizing/measurements. Wow--so different.

Bobi Jensen said...

Love the styles!!!

Bobi
bobijensen.com

Cranberry Morning said...

What great patterns! That first style was popular in the early 1970s. I wonder if it will come back again. They say to hold on to what you've got because eventually it will become fashionable again - or at least some variation thereof.

Reds Creations said...

OMG I would LOVE to have the pattern to 1090 and the jacket! I have to wear formal/floor length gowns to some meetings about 4 times a month and those would come in hand :)

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...