Friday, March 8, 2013

Hair Accessories

My whole blogging schedule is off this week because I was on the road travelling for my real job.  So, to make up for being late...you get a 5 for 1 deal!

DIY Hair Accessories, DIY Headband, Ribbon Crafts

This month's Wholeport package came with ALL of this!  If you buy it from their website it's less than $20!  ALL of it!  All the ribbon and all of the hair accessories.


I was a little overwhelmed at first, but after a few failed attempts at a simple bow I came up with these fun projects:


First up is the pleated headband (#1).

I used my pleating tool on some wide ribbon and ironed it flat as I tucked and folded.



Next, run a straight stitch right down the centre to hold everything in place.  Run a thin bead of hot glue along your stitching line and add a thinner ribbon on top.


Glue everything onto the headband foundation, making sure to fold in your raw edges and voila!  You're done!


#2 is just a cute little rosette glued onto a nice bobby pin clip.

Cut a piece of wide ribbon about 9" long and run a basting stitch close to one edge.


Pull the basting stitch and secure the ends together.


To cover the hole in the middle I glued on a little polymer clay cameo I made with last month's Wholeport Craft gift.


#3 is a fun party bow!  Most people use a piece of dowling to get the ribbon to twirl but I didn't have any on hand so I used an embroidery hoop.

Wrap thin pieces of ribbon around the hoop, securing the ends with a pin or clothes pin.


Place in an oven at 275 degrees for about 25 minutes.

Let everything cool down completely and remove from the hoop.  Your ribbon should be set into fun little twirls.

Then I just cut them into different lengths and tacked them onto a ribbon covered barrette.



We're not done yet!  #4 and #5 were so easy I didn't even take any photos.  To make #4, just fold your ribbon into a loop and tie it around the middle to secure with another piece of ribbon.  Glue the whole thing onto a clip or barrette.

#5 was easiest of all, but I think it might be my favourite.  I just wrapped some washi tape (not from the kit) around a headband foundation, and tah dah, it's done!

These will all be going to my niece with a pair of navy blue leggings.

Wholeport has this kit in other colours and sizes.  Check out their website for all kinds of fun products.

Do you know someone special who likes fun hair accessories?  Which one will you make?!?!



*The materials for this project were provided for free from Wholeport, however I did not receive any compensation and all opinions stated are my own.


Get Free Crafting Supplies now from WholePort.com

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

These hair accessories are great! I especially love the pleated headband! I'm having a link party on my blog and I'd love for you to join!

Unknown said...

These are all so cute!

Mandy @HKCHIC said...

Those are sooo cute!!! very creative

Jill said...

What a cute set of hair accessories - pretty ribbons!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...the pleated headband!!! I'm in love..

Kristina@ mothersniche.com

Miranda @ Someday Crafts said...

The pleated headband is so cute! Thanks for linking up at Whatever Goes Wednesday!!

Unknown said...

Such sweet accessories! Love the polkadots! I hope you'll stop by and link up to Make It Wear It Thursday at thetraintocrazy.com !

Shauna said...

This is so cute.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...