Wednesday, March 27, 2013

PJ Pants Refashion

Don't you love it when you find the perfect pj's????

Don't you hate it when you wreck them????

I had these great pj pants:


There were pretty, they were soft, they were comfy, they were warm.  They were everything you could ever want in a pj pant.


And then I spilled something on them :(   and they were relegated to the back of my closet never to be worn again.  Boo hoo.

I took a good look at them the other day though and realized that they only had an inside leg seam.  You know what that means....fabric!!!


I cut them up the inner seam and layed them out flat.

And then I cut them into the shape of a tank top and sewed them back together...


All it needed next was some lace collar pieces and some pretty lingerie elastic for the straps, and voila!



Back
I haven't decided yet if this will just be a pj top now or if it's something I can actually wear in public.  It does look kind of cute with a warm little cardi over top.


The moral of the story, always look at everything as a big piece of fabric before you let it go.  You never know, it may get a second chance at life!

Are you a nightie or a pj pant gal?  I want to know!  Leave a comment below~
 
This project was featured here:
 
http://salttree.net/




8 comments:

Thrifty Southern Pilgrim said...

Saw you are Someday Crafts linky today. This is great - you did a fantastic job. I love to reuse fabric from things that don't fit or have stains, like yours. I think it looks great.

Cranberry Morning said...

Are you kidding??! That is adorable. I would never think of doing anything but whining that the pants were ruined. :-)

Mindy said...

What a great fabric save! I love how it turned out. =)

Rebecca @ Herons Crafts said...

This is fabulous! I love how you have re-used them to make a great top! I am definitely a PJ girl - I love finding the perfect pair of PJ bottoms!

Love Sparkle Pretty said...

I would have never thought about this! It turned out so cute! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this! What a great idea! For me, it depends on the day and how I'm feeling so I guess I'm BOTH a pajama pants and a nightie type of girl ;-)

Unknown said...

How cool! I love to sew and repurpose things into new things. This is a great idea as I could use some lingerie and don't want to pay the high prices! ;)
Thanks for posting!
Blessings,
Gloria

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Great refashion! Super cute! Thanks for sharing this at my Pin Me Linky Party. I hope you come visit & link again.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...