Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pencil Skirt

So, I made this skirt last week.  I didn't think it was a big deal, it's just a plain old pencil skirt...so I wasn't even going to do a post on it.    And then I tried it on....

Dress it down with a sweater.
I really L-O-V-E this plain old pencil skirt!  It's like magic.

Here's the lesson ladies...just make your skirt the tiniest bit more snug than you think you should, pair it with a pretty blouse, cinch your waist with a great belt, and add just a bit more colour to your lips than you normally would and va-va-voom!


You will feel like a 60's bombshell that just stepped off the Mad Men set.  (I know I don't have the curves of a real '60's bombshell, but I still feel good in this skirt~)

It's surprising what you can do with a metre of $2.00 fabric from the bargain bin isn't it?!?!


It's just some kind of wool gabardine but I love the line of taupey brown line in it, it makes it so much more wearable with other colours.

I used this pattern from Vogue but like I said above, a pencil skirt is a pencil skirt, any pattern will probably look almost exactly the same as this one.


You can see some other pieces I made from this pattern here and here.

What's your favourite style of skirt?  Leave a comment below!

6 comments:

Rhiannon said...

stunning! love the fabric too, can't believe it was so cheap!

The Crafty Novice said...

This turned out great! Out of curiousity did you create a lining for the skirt, or was the fabric thick enough that you didn't need it?

Mindy said...

Fabulous addition to the wardrobe, for sure! Very versatile. =)

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous. Definitely a piece you'll probably get a lot of use out of :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! It is like magic! I love how it looks with that blouse! Gorgeous!

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

That skirt is magic on you, absolutely love it. I love the skirt that came before this one in history, super full, hitting right below the knee.... Oh why was I not born in the 50's?

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...