Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Vintage Patterns Wiki-Swimwear

If you love vintage patterns as much as I do then you've probably heard of the Vintage Patterns Wiki:


If not, then let me introduce you....It's an amazing collection of thousands of vintage patterns, as well as a community of other vintage pattern enthusiasts.

It can all be a bit overwhelming but there are lots of ways you can search the patterns:




When you find a pattern you fall in love with, if there are vendors selling it, you can link to their website and purchase the pattern.  It's a great one stop shop for collectors.

Over the weekend I got lost while looking at the vintage bathing suit patterns!  Here are just a few of my favourites:

This one doesn't look that old, probably 1980's
but I love those bottoms~

I LOVE Marlos Corner patterns and have never come across this one before.
Love that one piece...so classy!

I just think this is such a funny combination of items to have in one envelope,
but it was the '60's and everyone lounged in evening wear
after a day at the pool~

I'm not even all that crazy about this swimsuit
but I do LOVE the illustrations from this period of McCalls.
I always find it hard to resist buying this illustrators patterns when I come across them.
They're just so quintessentially 70's.

I love looking at bathing suit patterns and collecting them.  I just wish I was better at sewing bathing suit patterns.  They are my nemesis.  But I will try again this summer and maybe, just maybe, I'll find the one that works.

How about you?  Do you sew swimwear?  Any tips or tricks to share?  Leave a comment below.

1 comment:

The Crafty Novice said...

Thanks for the website, I love vintage patterns! I'll definitely be looking this up!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...