Thursday, February 28, 2013

Butterick Spring Release

There are two things I love about Spring.  1) I get to see the sun again!  and 2) all of the pattern company's release pretty new patterns to get our sewing juices flowing again!

Last week I showed you Vogue's new book and this week we'll take a look at Butterick's latest offering.

It's their 150th anniversary!
This dress is probably the most eye-catching of the new patterns.


There's a version you can make without the sleeves that I think is more wearable.

The dress from the catalogue cover:


If you're into that whole short in the front, long in the back trend, here's a skirt pattern for you.  As much as I hate the trend I know I'll probably be wearing one in about 6 month's time.  (I'm a little slow on the trends.)



Gertie, everyone's favourite retro sewing blogger from Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing has two new patterns in this book.  It's very pretty, but the 50's just isn't my era.


And there are a few cute new patterns for little girls.  I just told my mom the other night that I needed a leggings pattern for my niece, and here it is!  I'll definitely be buying this one (at the next pattern sale!).


There are lots more but these are the ones that stood out to me.  Any favourites for you?  Leave a comment below~

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...