Monday, February 25, 2013

Leggings Galore

No, that's not my new 007 code name....that's just what I'm surrounded by!

There's another navy pair that's already in the wash too~
I started making leggings last weekend and can't seem to stop!



I'm not going to model them all for you, leggings are leggings.  Plus, I'm not feeling very 'modelly' today.

I used the same pattern I did for my warm winter leggings I showed you in January.

McCalls 6173
This is an awesome pattern!  The legs only have one inside seam and come together in no time at all.  I'm having fun trying out all different kinds of knit fabrics.

I can't help but remember back to the '80's when we used to wear leggings, only back then they had a little strap of elastic that went under the foot and we called the stirrup pants.  They were all the rage.

Then I realized, every decade has had it's own version of leggings.  Do you remember when you had your first pair?  Leave a comment below~

11 comments:

liliana said...

tamara sono molto belli baci lili

Mindy said...

These are so fun! Yeah, I had some black ones that ended up with a huge hole in them...long story, stupid young-person decision, and I still have the scar to prove it! But it's still all I can think of when 'stirrup pants' come up (which, of course, isn't THAT often...) =D I just love the fabrics you've chosen!

Rachel said...

I have that pattern but haven't had a chance to make it yet. But seeing all of yours makes me want to. Super cute!

The Crafty Novice said...

These turned out great, I especially like the patterned ones! I might have to buy this pattern, thanks!

Elise Engh said...

Cute! Oh yes, I definitely remember the stirrup leggings!

Natalia Lynn said...

OH i might have to try this! I love me some leggings!

Chelsea B. said...

Super cute! I'd love for you to consider joining our first ever Pattern Party! Those with free patterns to share are invited to link up. Check it out!
http://getyourcraptogether.blogspot.com/search/label/Pattern%20Party

Beth Anne said...

I'm coming by your blog from Mandy's link up!

I just wanted to say that I have this same pattern and LOVE it! I made some faux leather leggings for my first pair and can't wait to wear them... we've been snowed in the past couple days, but I'll definitely be making more as soon as I can get my hands on some more fabric!

I really love the first pair that you modeled! Super cute.

Kristen said...

this has been on my to do list for ages! I need to start cranking them out!

-Kristen-

p.s. would love for you to link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ www.ladybug-blessings.com

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've been meaning to try this pattern. Now you've convinced me that I need to do it soon! I love allll your versions!

Krystie said...

The Leggings look Great! I want to make some and alter them so that the bottoms can stretch over an ice skate for practice pants.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...