This is all you need:
You could get more fancy pants and add beads or trinkets if you want but, like I said, this is not a fancy pants week for me~
1) Using cotton fabric, make a small cut about a half inch in from the side and then tear. It's OK, just go ahead and rip, and if it goes crooked and swings off the side, just do it again until you get a strip of fabric at least 5 inches long.
2) Cut one or more strips of fabric that wrap about 80% around your wrist. You don't want the ends to meet.
3) Now cut some leather and/or suede lacing the same length as your fabric piece.
4) Cut another piece of leather about 4-5 inches long and tie one around all of the fabric and leather pieces. Do the same thing on the other side.
5) Now tie your two laces together using what I call a sliding knot, but I think what everybody else out there calls a Double Fisherman's Knot.
This is a great knot to know in case you don't want to use a jewellery clasp or you happen to run out of jewellery clasps and don't feel like making a midnight run to Michael's.
And there you have it! A cute little hippie dippie scrapbusting bracelet. Obviously this is the kind of thing I wear on vacation, not to the office. It would be fun for kids to make too. Hmmm, wait a minute, what does that say about my sense of style???
Anyway, this is how fabulous my wrist would look if I were going to punch someone in the head....not that I would ever do that.....but my hand sort of looks like it there doesn't it?
I made another one in about 2 minutes flat with more strips of fabric. I think I like this one better.
Yes, I am in a very weird mood today. (It's fiscal year end at work and I can't wait until it's over!)
So, happy crafting! Give it a try and let me see what your version looks like. I've added some fun new linky parties to visit, so check out the tab up top.
Have a great weekend everyone!