Thursday, March 15, 2012

7 X 7 Link Award

While I was away I got a lovely email from Amy over at A Home Made.  She was so sweet.  She wanted to pass on a recognition award but was worried that I might think it was too much like a chain letter to participate. 

The truth is, it's always nice to know that someone out there loves what you do so much that they want to learn more about you, so thank you Amy!  I'm totally flattered and will fulfill my duties as your nominee and promptly pass this on.

So, once you've thanked the person who nominated you, you have to share 7 fascinating tidbits about yourself.  I'll try to think of some things I haven't already told you:

1. While I was in Thailand I went snorkeling at night to see phosphorescent waters glowing all around me.  It was totally scary and fun at the same time.

2. I don't drink hot drinks...no coffee, no tea, and no hot chocolate.  I just don't like hot drinks, they stress me out.

3. I used to joke that one day I'd be "the crazy lady with all the cats who lives on the corner in a big house and yells at the kids".... and now that's pretty much me.

4. If I didn't dye my hair every 5 weeks I'd probably look my age ... or even older!

5. I still haven't fixed the drywall hole in my bathroom wall from when I took out the ginormo medicine cabinet (another pet peeve of mine).  There's just a big square of unfinished drywall that's been there for about a year.  I swear I'm going to do it by the end of the summer though~

6. I used to play the flute.  It's how I got my university degree actually.  I don't play very often anymore, but I wish I did.

7. I don't own an "i" anything, but I may have to break down and purchase the new i-pad.  It just looks way too cool.

Now for the hard part, I have to think of blog posts I've done that fit into these categories:

1. Most beautiful:  I kind of think these bangles might fit into this category,

Shabby Chic Bracelet, DIY Bangles, Lace Bangles, DIY Jewellery, mod podge jewellery, mod podge bracelets, mod podge bangles, decoupage, decopuage jewellery

2. Most Helpful: Considering how difficult it is to find directions on how to cast off this wool, I think my tutorial on finishing a Twist and Twirl scarf has been the most helpful to others.

DIY, How to Knit, knitted scarf, Twist and Twirl, Pirouette, How to cast off Twist and Twirl How to cast off Pirouette, finishing twist and twirl, How to Twist and Twirl yarn, easy DIY scarf

3.  Most Popular:  For the life of me I can't figure out why, but my number one most popular post is the DIY Paper Jewellery,
DIY Paper Jewellery, Paper Jewellery, Paper Crafts, DIY Jewellery, Mod Podge

4. Most Controversial: I don't really have anything for this so I'll stretch a bit and say this 10 Minute Top if you can believe it.  Only because there was one comment that questioned whether or not it would actually stay up.

DIY, Easy Sewing, Halter, Summer Top, Bandeau, Hemp Trim

5. Most Surprisingly Sucessful: Well, I could probably put at least 75% of the projects I create into this category, but I'll highlight my Paper Doily Shower Curtain because I really didn't know if Mod Podge would work on plastic until I did it.
DIY Shower Curtain, Mod Podge Shower curtain, Mod Podge Doilies, Decoupage Shower Curtain, Decopuage Doilies, easy craft, how to mod podge, how to decoupage

6. Most Underrated: I thought my Family Match game I made for my niece and nephew was pretty cool, but it only got 5 comments.


7. Most Prideworthy:  This is another difficult one, because I'm proud of almost everything I make, that's the whole reason I share my projects with all of you.  But if I really have to narrow it down, I'd say it would be my Mega Mod Podge project...the chair!

Mod podge, decoupage, DIY furniture

And now I get to tell you about 7 other awesome blogs I want you to visit, award them with the wonderful 7 X 7 award, and they get to answer all of these fun questions!  (I really hope you ladies don't consider this a chain letter either!) Make sure to visit:
       Lulliloo Handmade & Vintage BoutiquePhotobucket Photobucket   These Peas Taste Funny               Stone and Rose

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thank you for your sweet words, Tamara! I'm so glad you enjoyed the 7x7!! :) By the way, I LOVE the family matching game!! How cute is that? And a neat way for younger kids to remember family they don't see very often. :)

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...