Wednesday, March 21, 2012

One Change: T-shirt Refashion

I have a very fun Show and Tell for you today.

Remember the homemade undies I made last fall?


I used this pattern again to make some more.


And this time I used something I had on hand but knew I would never use....this lovely gift from SaskPower:
Front

Back
 I did some volunteer work awhile ago, handing out environmentally safe lightbulbs around the neighbourhood, and got to keep the T shirt.  (Believe it or not... I didn't get to keep a lightbulb.)

I thought maybe I'd use it for sleeping in or painting in or something.  But I haven't.  It's just taking up much needed space in my dresser.

So I cut it up and made these!


These are seriously the best fitting, most comfortable undies I've ever had.

Refashion, Deconstructed Clothing, Project Porchlight, Easy Sewing, Handmade underwear



I'm giving the second pair to my sister as a gift.  I'm sure she'll think this is the weirdest thing I've made her yet~

This project was featured here:



Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle

13 comments:

Mindy said...

That's great! Your sister will love it. =)

Little City Farm said...

ha ha ha,...I love these. I thought you would just work around the logo, but those are the cutest part. Super adorable.

becky said...

Those are so cute. I can't imagine sewing my own underwear ... but you have skills to pay the bills. I can sew straight lines only.

Amy said...

That is fabulous and made me giggle a bit. :) My mother made us panties once; they were SO uncomfortable. we put them on and she said they even looked uncomfortable and used them as cleaning rags, lol.

Gen said...

Wow that is quite the transformation! Didn't see that one coming at all. Too cool!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!!!!!!!!! i really don't sew if i did i would have some cool rock stars and the ghostbusters on my butt! : ) LOL!!!! hugs...

marysews said...

Heh, heh, sometimes I do stuff to enhance my weirdness!

jenni_867 said...

Yep, weirdest gift yet! Looking forward to seeing them in real life though!

Jill said...

Oh now that's funny Tamara!!! I'm sure it will be a gift well remembered!!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

BaaaaaHaaaaaa!! I love the pair you are going to give to your sister. Great job. Thanks for partying with us this week. :)

Rachel Sue said...

This is awesome! I would love to feature this on Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle. Fell free to stop by and grab a featured button. Thanks!

MJ said...

These are great! I have some leftover tshirts.... Muahahaha...

Shannon Brown said...

Hey Tamara! A local band is hosting a t-shirt cutting contest using some of their 3x band shirts. You should check it out you'd be good at it! The winner receives a Rockstars Gift Basket! www.facebook.com/doublerunband

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...