Friday, March 9, 2012

Paper Roll Cuff

I'm still pretty worn out from travelling but I feel like if I don't get crafting this weekend I may never get back into it.  So I came up with something to make that's quick and easy, gets rid of the rolls from gift wrap (or even toilet paper), as well as some scrapbooking scraps.
You'll need:
You might also find it handy to add a pencil and
some white tacky glue to this list.
Steps:
1) Cut a line down the centre of your paper roll tube a little longer than how wide you'd like your cuff to be.

2) Cut around the tube to release the section that will become your bangle.  Even up the edges.

3) Cut a piece of scrapbooking paper to the same size as your roll plus a little extra to wrap over the edges.

4)If you don't have an embossing machine you can skip this step but I liked that it added a layer of texture.  So, if you can, emboss your scrapbooking paper.


5)Now you can glue your paper onto the roll.  I ended up using tacky glue on the ends to stabilize it and Mod Podge on the body. 

6) You could be done there, but in my opinion, it just looks like some paper glued onto a paper roll.  So I continued by spraying it really heavily with peach Glimmer Mist and then I decided it needed something more so I distressed the edges with loads of brown ink.

I wish you could see how super shimmery they are
 but it just won't show up on camera.

I have to admit, this turned out way better than I anticipated.  In real life they almost have a sort of printed leather look to them.  I'm so happy I made myself craft tonight!
DIY Jewellery, Paper jewellery, How to make a paper cuff, DIY bangles, Paper Roll recycle

What do you think?  Will you be wearing some paper rolls on wrists soon?

Have a great week everyone~

7 comments:

Little City Farm said...

Yay, you're back, lol. I bet the embossing really makes it. Looks great on you.

Rose Jesky said...

That is so creative! I must try them. I'm a new follower and It would make my day if you came by me new blog and followed me to. @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/
Thanks Rose

Mindie Hilton said...

Who would of thought a tp roll could be so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Jill said...

Love the cuff Tamara! A lovely simple project that looks pretty classy!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Crafty Texas Girl said...

Awesome 'upcycle'. Love it!!! Please stop by and link it up to our weekly linky party "Cowgirl Up". The party is a linked, linky. So when you post it once, it automatically shows up on 4 awesome blogs! Hope to see you there. http://www.craftytexasgirls.com/2012/03/cowgirl-up-6.html

:) Samantha @ Crafty Texas Girls

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

So cute! This would be a fabulous Spring Break projects for my girls! Thanks so much for sharing at our Uncommonly Yours link party! Hope to see you next week!

Take care,

Trish

lisa said...

Love the bracelet! And great way to recycle. I have to try making one. Thx :) I plan on following your blog

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...