Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Save a Yoke

Sometimes I even surprise myself.  I am so beyond happy with today's restyle, I can barely believe I'm the who came up with it!
I started with this very pretty blouse from my closet.


It's gorgeous right?  But it always did look better on a mannequin than it did on me.


I couldn't bare to throw it away though.  Just look at all the lovely stitching on the yoke.

Soooooooo, I turned it into the cutest little dress for my niece!


I took all the pieces of the blouse apart (I still have plans for the sleeves and the bodice) and inserted some small shirred pieces into the side.  Then I just made a gathered skirt and attached some ties.

It was super easy to do and probably took me less than a couple of hours to put together.
restyled blouse, save a yoke, blouse to dress, recycle a blouse
She's such an awesome model!
Look at your wardrobe with new eyes before you throw something in the giveaway pile.  You never know what kind of magic you can make!

10 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

As long as you didn't wear it anyway, that was a brilliant idea - and yes, the little model is darling! :-)

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Clever refashion!!! I love the finished dress... the yoke, the shirring, the tie. It's lovely!!! I would love for you to share this at our ongoing link party that's just for Girls' Dresses...
http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/01/threading-your-way-dresses-for-girls.html

HeathersSphere said...

That is just too cuuuuuuuuuuute and clever!

Gen said...

Simply adorable!

Little City Farm said...

Fabulous idea and what a serious little cutie. The dress looks great on her.

Adorned From Above said...

Such a cute dress. I have a Blog Hop, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/07/3-face-masks-from-your-kitchen-and.html
It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com

Amy said...

OMGoodness, Tamara! This is really beautiful! Pinning this now!! Lovely!

blissfulsewing said...

This dress is awesome!I would love to try something like this for my niece.
www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Great idea for using the pretty part of that top! Such a cute little dress!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

This is adorable! I wish I could sew! We'd love it if you'd share this at our link party - Home is Where the Heart is! http://www.homesteadsimple.com/home-is-where-the-heart-is-link-it-up-wednesdays-1/

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...