Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lanyard and Flashlight

Here's proof that I'll Mod Podge just about anything...

We all get these silly toss away gifts from work at some point, right?  I 'hosted' a meeting at work recently, which basically means I turned on the videoconferencing equipment, and was rewarded with some lanyards and little flashlights.



It's an nice thought but really, I'm not going to walk around work with this thing around my neck, and I'm certainly not going to wear them at home.
So, I transformed them with some fabric and thought they'd make a cute little add-in gift for my niece and nephew's birthday gifts this month.

I had to cover up all the logo's and print.  The last thing I want to be reminded of is work when I away from it all relaxing.  I just used some Mod Podge and glued some of the fabric onto the flashlights and then sewed some stips onto the lanyards.

Not rocket science but I think the kids will have fun with them~

8 comments:

being mom{me} said...

Great idea, and you're right, kids will love it!!! I have recently been on a mod podge "kick".
If you haven't already received one, I recently chose you as the recipient of the Versatile Blogger Award...you can read more here...
http://beingmomme.blogspot.com/2012/07/bloggers-are-best.html
I just love your blog!!!
Rhiannon

Amanda Lee said...

Great idea!

said...

what a terrific idea! i've got so many of those lanyards but like you say.. what do you do with them?? ha awesome job!

Jill said...

Kids will adore those! What a cute little gift!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

condo blues said...

This is a great idea for anyone who has to wear an ID Badge to work or school. The lanyards they give you are ahem, less than attractive.

It's also a great idea to prettyfy a lanyard for blog conferences!

Michelle L. said...

Those are gorgeous, Tamara! what a great upcycle!

Country Mouse said...

Super cute idea!!! I think my daughter could use one of these when she leaves for college. I'm thinking in her school theme: Texas A&M! Now to find those mini flashlights! LOL
Thanks for the inspiration! I found you on Sugar Bee Crafts!
audrey (#296)

Katie said...

Very cool way to make something that's a throw away cool again. I don't know if your niece and nephew are still trick or treating ages but they'd make great lights to wear out in the dark.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...