So today's project is a great way to use up all of those left over beads that you don't know what to do with (even the wonky ones!).
-wire coat hangers
-assortment of colourful beads, all shapes, sizes, and colours
-medium guage wire
-heavy duty wire cutters, jewellery making pliers/cutters
1) Using your heavy duty wire cutters, cut the top of your hanger off.
2) Straighten out your hanger and bend into a shape you like.
|Look at the gorgeous blue sky!
I couldn't possibly sit inside crafting today~
4) Make a small loop at one end to make sure your beads won't fall off.
5) String on your beads. Don't worry about design or pattern, just have fun and throw them on willy nilly.
6) When your wire is almost full, make another small loop at the other end to make sure your beads stay on.
7) Wrap your beaded wire around the hanger wire shape that you made.
8) Repeat all of these steps using your second wire hanger.
9) Hold your two pieces of decorated hanger together and bind together with the medium guage wire. I bound mine in two places but you can do as much or as little as you want.
And there you go! Beads used up! Ugly wire hangers recycled! And a pretty ornament in your garden to catch the light.
I know, it sort of looks like something that my five year old niece made at day camp but, I love how the beads sparkle in the sunshine. And...it almost looks like a butterfly, don't you think?!?!
This would be lots of fun to do with kids! Add beads that hang or glow in the dark! Give it a try and let me know how yours turns out~
Happy Crafting Everyone!