Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Dress

Here's a super cute and easy vintage style dress for you:

Funny how some silhouettes are timeless~
It's sort of that pillow case gathered neckline you see on little girl dresses, but this one's for big girls!  The pattern envelope doesn't have a date on it but I'm guessing that it's probably from the 80's.


It's hard to find smaller sizes of patterns in the vintage bins so I scooped this one up as soon as I saw it.

The fabric is once again some horrible polyester stuff I had, but it's not too slinky, and it actually falls quite nicely.

neckline:

I love that it has pockets! (That's an easy addition you can add to any skirt or dress if you want)


Mine is a little shorter than the picture on the pattern envelope and the skirt isn't as full.  I think I did that on purpose to fit it onto the fabric and to suit my frame better.

This is one of my favourite sundresses and I usually get some nice compliments whenever I wear it.  If a Maxi Dress isn't your thing give this style a go.  A little simplicity can go a long way~

18 comments:

Jan said...

Such a perfect little summer dress. It looks great on you. And your garden looks great too!

Just Jaime said...

Looks awesome! Great job!

Mrs. No-No said...

Wow! So beautiful! I love vintage stuff, but vintage patterns are so hard to come by unless I am going through my mom's old stuff!!
Found you on the FPTFY link up. :)

Mrs. No-No said...

I mean I found you AGAIN!!! Hahaha! After I started looking through your website some more, I realized that I have been here before. Love your great ideas! I'll be watching for more to come!
xoxox
Carla aka Mrs. No-No

Katy said...

That is so cute & it looks great on you.

Kelli said...

Very cute!

Six Sisters said...

That is so cute! I totally have to make one! We found your blog through a linky party and are your newest followers! We would love for you to follow us, too! We have an awesome giveaway going on right now. Come check us out!

www.sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

WobiSobi said...

Oh my this is a really good clothes post. The picture are pretty freakin perfect.
LOVE!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Like you!

The Mommy Therapy said...

You really make me want to know how to sew! I love this and it looks fabulous on you!

Stopping by from Amanda's Weekend Bloggy Reading Party!

Rita's Recipes said...

I think it is from the late 70's. I had a friend that sewed at least a dozen of these dresses. She looked great and so do you. It's a timeless classic. Makes me wish I could sew!
Rita

AsylumTanya said...

Your dress is a sophisticated version of the little girl pillow case dress that is so popular now. You have proved that it is a timeless style! Thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

Very cute! I've been trying to make and wear more dresses for myself this year and even though I'm almost 6 feet, I'm not feeling the maxi style.
Emily
domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

Paula@SweetPea said...

So cute! This reminds me of dresses my mom wore when I was a kid. Your post makes me want to look through all of her old patterns. I'm visiting from Serenity Now.

Anonymous said...

Turned out great!!

Andrea
www.addicted2tutes.blogspot.com

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

That looks super cute! I love the pockets too! Visiting from c.r.a.f.t.
~Kimberlee

btanders said...

The neckline makes the dress. Love it!

Make handmade said...

Love it. Thanks for sharing

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...