Monday, June 13, 2011

Not the post I was going to write

I was going to write a nice long post today about all of the crazy goings on in blogland and with Blogger in particular. However, over the weekend, it seems that the blog gods have finally answered my prayers and somehow all of my gripes about Blogger and Google seem to have been answered.

I, and many others, have been having a lot of trouble leaving comments on Blogger blogs lately.  Of course, we were all blamed for not having the proper cookie settings and such.  Finally, at long last though, there are some solutions.


First off, if the blog has comments set as a pop-up window instead of embedded below the post, that really seems to help.  This is actually one of the work arounds you can find on the Google Blogger help forum.  The second thing you have to do though is make sure to NOT check off the box that says Stay Signed In".  This one little thing was wreaking havoc for so long, but no more!  Commenters unite!

                                                     

The other thing I was going to whinge about was the fact that several months ago my AdSense ads just disappeared.  Despite adding a privacy policy and having a long and lovely email conversation with a google representative, nothing would bring them back to life.

All of a sudden, on a whim, I decided to try to install them just one more time to see what would happen.  Miracle of all miracles, they actually showed up!  I have no idea why but if you've been having trouble with your ads, try, try again, and who knows, maybe you'll get lucky!

So, no complaining from me today.  Once again  I am in love with Blogger and Google is back in my good books.  Or is it me that's back in their good books?  Hmmmm, maybe it's better not to question it and just get on with blogging and crafting.

So, because I'm in such a good mood now, why don't I introduce you to a 'new' Blog!

Momnivore\
Momnivore is a wife, mother of two adorable little boys, and lives with a dog who apparently likes to read.


She knows a lot about a lot of things.  She has a section on autism and a section on living gluten free.


There's a section on health and another section with what I can only assume are some great recipes because they look so good!  (Sorry guys, I'm a crafter not a cook(er).

 
                                















So, if I don't cook, why do I hang out over there????  Because, on top of all that, Momnivore is also a crafter...


Kid Friendly Garden Gazing Ball


St Patrick's Day Bling
And she hosts a great weekly linky party every Thursday.

Photobucket

Head on over to Momnivore's Dilemma , say hello, and come on back here and let everyone know what you've found.

Have a great week everyone~

PS...I still don't know why I can't see the top 3 inches or so of my post in preview mode (IE8).  If you have any tricks let me know.

2 comments:

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Thank you for the lovely introduction, Tamara!

Unknown said...

I love Momnivore's too!!! BTW great chair!! I can't believe you did that with napkins!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...