Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Spoonflower

Throughout this past month I've been introducing you to fun and interesting sewing and fashion related sites that I love (You can check the other ones out here, here, and here).  I thought I'd end this month with Spoonflower .


Spoonflower is one of the coolest sites out there for designers and sewers alike.  "Spoonflower makes it possible for individuals to design, print and sell their own fabric designs."

You can have your designs printed on cotton, canvas, silk crepe de chine, twill, or cotton voile for only $18 - $32 / yard.

Fishing collage
Sample of some fishing themed fabrics created.
I love scrolling through all of the new creations.  Some of the designs that people come up with really blow my mind!

5472130234_51b5405248_z


I found this great video on their blog that shows you how you can create fabric designs with nothing more technical than a scanner:

                                

They have fun contests every week, and even if you don't design fabric you can still participate just by voting.

This is one of my current fav sites and whenever I need a little breather I jump over there and check out what's new just for fun.

Check it out and let everyone else know what you think in the comment area below.  If you've ever designed and ordered fabric I'd really love to hear how it all went for you.

Have a great week everyone.

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...