Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Do you tunic?

Here's one of my all time fav dresses that I've made.  Well, I call it a dress but maybe it's actually a tunic???

Summer dress, dress, sewing, etcetorize, New Look Dress

I used a great cotton linen blend fabric:

This is the pattern I used, which is still in the New Look catalogues:

Summer dress, dress, sewing, etcetorize, New Look Dress


tunic, dress, batik, New Look, etcetorize

The one I made above was done without the fancy schmancy detail around the neckline.  However, I made it again, and this time I did go all out:

Summer dress, dress, sewing, etcetorize, New Look Dress, tunic
I have honestly never realized how short this dress was
until I saw this picture!


batik, summer dress, etcetorize, tunic
This one was made with a light weight Batik type cotton.

batik, New Look, Etcetorize, Summer Dress

It would probably be overkill to make this pattern again but I'll definitely hang onto it...just in case I change my mind~

12 comments:

Susan said...

Both versions are really nice. The detail on the batik came out amazing!

Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife said...

Both versions came out great!! I love the Batik one too. I made the same dress a while back and I chose the same style, but, did different arms. I didn't realize how short it was until I put it on too.

I am stopping by from Sew Much Ado linky party and this is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2011/06/summer-pillows.html

Also, in a few weeks we will be moving to Kinston and we can't wait!! My husband said that you aren't that far from Kingston :-)

Hope you stop by my blog and check out the tunic dress. I am also your newest follower.

Bella @ Bella before and after said...

Tamara, I love your tunic dresses, and although it is a bot short, you have INCREDIBLE legs, so it looks fabulous on you, :)

I love my Indian type clothes, and often wear tunics too.

I'd also LOVE to invite you to check out my weekly parties. I would be so happy if you linked up, this and any other fabulous project you are working on.
Stop by anytime to say hello!!!
Hugs, Bella :)
**AMAZE ME AUGUST** @ Bella Before and After Any projects, recipes, diy welcome.
**PARTY PLANNING TUESDAYS** @ Euro Style Cakes. Any party planning tips, decorations, invitations, recipes welcome.

Katy said...

They are both really cute. I think you can pull off that length too.

WobiSobi said...

Woah, Super Hot!!
These are so awesome!!
I am loving the pics of you outside.

Carol said...

Really love both pieces! I would be so tempted to go ahead and make another one...they are both so unique in their own way.

Unknown said...

I DO like the simplicity of the tunic yes very nice indeed
KAT

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Love both dresses! I almost bought that pattern but didn't. I bought a simpler version instead but haven't tried it yet.

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy said...

Gorgeous! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-link-up-2.html. I hope to see you soon!
~Macy from Confessions of a SAHM

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

I love the fabrics you used. Thank you for linking up at http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

wow I must say you are pretty amazing to have made those!! thanks so much for linking up to handmade tuesdays @ ladybug blessings! www.ladybug-blessings.com

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, Tamara! I'm admiring all your creative posts here. Can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...