Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Show and Tell: Bunnyhugs

I know what you're thinking...what the heck is a bunny hug?  Here in Saskatchewan, that's what we call pull over tops, more specifically the ones with a pocket in the front.  I have no idea where the term came from but that's what we've always said around here.  Besides, it's a cute name, so why stop?

Last week, I showed you my Valentine's Day card  for my neice and nephew and mentioned that I had made something else for them too.

Here it is... two super cute kids in super cute bunnyhugs!

It's almost impossible to get a photo of them not hamming it up for the camera.  They make me smile~


And here's the card with more bling on it than when I first showed it to you.  I need to make another card for someone soon, but I think I'll try to follow a template or pattern or something.  This one feels pretty scattered.  But it was shiny and sparkly and had moving bits, so the kids enjoyed it, and that's all that matters to me.



 

















Do you have funny names for things that no one else uses?  Other things that I think are fairly unique to Saskatchewan are Vico (brand name of chocolate milk that people now use for all chocolate milk), and Siwash (a very heavy knitted sweater with a zipper up the front).  There are loads more, but I want to hear yours, leave a comment below~

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!  Just go HERE for details~

12 comments:

~Beth D. said...

your bunny hugs look adorable! great job!

Anonymous said...

I posted this to my facebook :) Happy belated Valentines day! Love the bunnyhugs!

WobiSobi said...

Oh my ,theses are really cute and I love the name. Awesome job!!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Very cute and sweet. Thanks for linking up to Beyond The Picket Fence.

Emily Thompson said...

very cute! I just made a whole bunch of cards myself.

AllieMakes! said...

How sweet! Great job!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Megan said...

cute kids! too bad they are so camera shy. ;)

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

I never heard of that term! So cute...

Neoma said...

Aren't kids wonderful!! ;D Really nice hunny bugs! My son would love to have the one with the machines, he is so into everthing with machines!

/Mari

http://neomasfrestelser.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love these! They are so cute! ~Lori

Katherine said...

How cute & I love that name- bunnyhugs! Here, in the South, a lot of people call all sodas Cokes! Weird, huh? Thanks for linking up!

Anonymous said...

love these! Thanks so much for linking up to handmade tuesdays @ ladybug blessings.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...