Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Adult Prairie Skirt

Last week I showed you how to make a cute skirt for back to school.


I was even lucky enough to have it featured on CraftGossip.  Anne Weaver picks out what sewing 'gossip' to share with their readers and here's what she wrote about my little project:

Tamara from Etcetorize shows how to make a girl’s prairie skirt for back-to-school. The long ruffle sewn on to a yoke creates a full skirt without making it too bulky through the hips and waist. She gives the dimensions she used to make one for her 5 year old niece, but you can easily adjust them to make a skirt larger or smaller. This would be cute for the tween set, or even in an adult size. 

What she didn't know at the time was that I had already made a larger version for myself!


Don't ask me what measurements I used, because I just eyeballed the whole thing and used the same concept that I did with the girl's skirt.

I don't ever wear this silhouette but it's not bad.  I think it's good for people trying to add curves (like me) or hide curves (like Reese Witherspoon or Jennifer Love Hewitt-they both rely heavily on this style).  The border print cotton fabric gives it a very folksy feel.  Hopefully, I don't like like I'm about to go to a hoe down.

This is the first time you're seeing my new bangs too!  I asked for your opinion on my new haircut here, and as soon as I read the comment from the lovely Ana from Portugal you couldn't hold me back..." I think with bangs you look like younger :)! ".  Yup, she said the magic word~

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your skirt - beautiful!
Tamara, I entered into one of linky parties, to be exact "Make it great Monday", the caption for my entry is "Egyptian necklace", but the photo is not displayed, probably when I tried to crop it, it didn't crop, the result is not showing the photo at all. Is it possible to delete my entry, so I can try again?
Thanks a lot
Olga

ana@carpe_diem said...

yes, Ana is right!
photo camera likes you!

Amy said...

I love this! I love your choice of fabric and I just might try to make one for me! (As I am one who tries to hide cruves) =O Love the bangs! Super cute!

Anonymous said...

Tamara, thank you for your help, but I was trying to enter again, but it tells me that double entries are not allowed, since this egiptian necklace entry is already there, I can't enter it again. About my email, I did not know it is set with no reply and to tell you the truth I don't know how to set it with reply. Can you help me out, thank you a lot for your help and time ;o)
Olga

Ana Love Craft said...

Hi Tamara,
I'm right!! You are definitely amazing and younger but pretty as always !I love the skirt and the colours.I'm a wide curves girl and I feel well wearing that kind.

Have a wonderful day.

Ana from Portugal

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tamara, it worked for both entry and email update.
Thanks a lot

F said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
F said...

Love your craftiness! We'd like to invite you to our Eat Make Grow Thursday Blog Hop. It is going on now here:

http://foyupdate.blogspot.com/2012/08/eat-make-grow-thursday-blog-hop-3.html

Adorned From Above said...

This skirt is so cute. I am your newest follower. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this post. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/pink-honey-beeswax-lip-balm-and.html
I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com

blissfulsewing said...

Very.......cute!!! Thanks for sharing such a great idea.
www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

Seaweed and Raine said...

Braids! lol
Cute skirt! It looks pretty darned good on you too. )

Bobi Jensen said...

So cute, I'm inspired!

Bobi
http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com

Blissful & Domestic said...

I just added a Re-Fashion Blogger Section to Blissful and Domestic. It is a place for blogs to link up with other fashion blogs. Check it out. I would love for you to join the fun!

Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic
http://www.blissfulanddomestic.com/p/re-fashion-bloggers.html

Unknown said...

Super cute! I love the border fabric. Makes it look so finished.

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

So sweet. I love the little one and the borders on the bigger one really set it off just right. Nice work!
Liz

Anonymous said...

Love this skirt! This silhouette looks good on everyone...I like your bangs. I also wear bangs because someone once asked me if I'd lost weight after cutting bangs. Haven't grown them out since ;-)

Jill said...

Another great skirt Tamara! and I ove the bangs - they really suit you!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

So pretty, Tamara! I'm featuring this tomorrow night at the party! Thanks bunches for linking up!

{HUGS},
kristi

Anonymous said...

OMG! This skirt is beyond cute! I love the fabric! Great job!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...