Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Quickie Craft: Office Clips

A 'bonus' tutorial for you today!  I was going to do a whole series of 'quickie crafts' for you but have decided to just let it play out naturally and I'll share them as they come up.  It's summertime, so I'm cutting myself a bit of slack~

I decided I had enough of the ugly office clips I had to use at work so I covered a few of them to pretty things up but didn't want to spend a lot of time or money making new ones.  So, here's a fun, easy, and super quick project.

Here's what you need:


Materials:
-ugly old office clips
-decorative paper
-Mod Podge and brush
-pencil and ruler
-knife and something to cut on

Steps:
1) Measure your clip to determine what size to cut your paper.


2) Measure and cut your paper to fit your clips.


3) Get some Mod Podge onto the flat surface of your clip.


4) Adhere your paper and add another layer of Mod Podge.


7) While you're waiting for it to dry, try to resist the temptation to pull out the Sparkle Mod Podge and add another layer for good measure.  Go ahead, I dare you~

If you were able to resist (I don't know how I did, but I did) and your clips are all dry...your done!  See, wasn't that quick?!?

Decorative Office Clips, Mod Podge clips

So much prettier now~

You can even turn them upside down
and use to the show off photos~
(That's from my Grandma's wedding)
And there you have it.  In just a matter of a few minutes you've satisfied your crafty cravings!  Hope you had as much fun as I did~

16 comments:

Artsy VaVa said...

Those are great. You took something drab and made it fabulous!

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

I wonder what the guys at work would say if I did this (WITH sparkle mod podge of course, how on earth did you resist?) I work for the power company with all guys, big manly men. I might do this just to mess with them!

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

What a cute idea my dear..perfect!!
thanks for sharing :)

Little City Farm said...

Super cute.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, what a cute and quick idea! I'm definitely going to have to try this!

Ginger said...

Fun! On my list for today!

Claire @ a little something in the meantime . . . said...

Great job! I always prefer using binder clips or paper clips and if they're pretty like this, bonus! It's incredible how much they charge for clips that look like these at Staples when you can customize them yourself with a simply DIY. Lovely!

Claire @ a little something in the meantime . . . said...

Oops! Binder clips OVER paperclips! I got ahead of myself thinking about what I can Mod Podge on a rainy Friday ;)

Nissa said...

Those are so cute, perfect for little scraps of paper!

Nissa

ps. I'm a new follower!

Michele said...

Thanks for the post. I have some fancy clips (Dollar Stop at Target) but never thought to use them upside down like that.

Unknown said...

Gotta love a quickie and mod podge!! Great idea to make the clips so much cuter. Thanks for partying with me girl.:)

Nancy @ Life: Designed said...

So cute! I love the idea of turning them upside and using them as photo/memo holders! Visitng from Overflowing!

Dear Wallet, said...

What a fun, easy idea! Would look really cute in a kids room!

Jill said...

Neat idea for those clips! Would make great stocking stuffers - my girls love all those little stationary items!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Simple little things in pretty colors have a way of making us smile.
Liz

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

Thanks so much for sharing this at my link party. I just wanted to let you know that I'm featuring this later tonight feel free to stop by and grab a button :)

Marissa
http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...