But it's all worth it because here's the end result.
Aren't they pretty?!?!! I have a friend who sells my bags in her shop here. Almost everything in her shop is made in Saskatchewan. She has everything from garlic and mustard to candles and bags and pottery. It's really beautiful. I'm going to see if she's interested in the little beauties above too! Crossing my fingers~
Anyway, I managed to tear myself away from all of that to make this week's craft....a fall wreath. Well, not really a wreath. The only time I stick a wreath on my door is Christmas, so it's a Fall Cone instead.
I shot loads of pics because I was really making this whole thing up as I went along, but really, it's dead easy.
Here's what you need:
|Basically just grab anything odds and ends that are|
decorative and fit in with your colour scheme~
1) Create a cone shape with your scrapbooking paper and glue together.
The back will be open like this.
I was actually just going to leave mine like that but I realized it would be sturdier with something holding it together back there so I just glued on some plain paper. The clips are on only until the glue dries.
2) I added odds and ends of fake flowers and leaves to see how it would look. The whole thing probably would've gone together easier if I had taken them out after this but for some reason I stubbornly left them in there for the rest of the project~
3) Add some pretty ribbon to the top of the cone by gluing to the back.
Bring round to the front and tie a nice bow.
4) Now you just start throwing bits and bods on of any left overs you have. Left over sequins from the Butterfly Cushion Project ? Sure throw them on!
5) Got a doily? Go ahead! Throw it on there! (I gathered it in the back and secured it with thread and then just pinned it to the ribbon)
6) When you're done adding things, punch a hole in either side and insert some ribbon to act as a hanger.
7) And that is it! Voila! A pretty fall door~
I know, I know...My door needs to be painted. But it's 100 years old and I think the cracked paint gives it character so I just can't bear to do it.
That's about the extent of my seasonal decorating until Christmas so I hope you like it. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think. And don't forget to come back here on Monday for the Make it Great Linky party!
Have a great weekend everyone~