So, what's a girl to do but make her own window covering. I didn't have any fabric on hand to make curtains so I went for something a little more creative.
I forgot to take a picture of the supplies, but here's what you need:
-several pages of coordinating scrapbook paper
-mono filament (fishing line) or ribbon
1) I'm on a real roll with my Silhouette lately and have finally been getting some successful results. So, I downloaded a pattern that you're supposed to use to make a pumpkin and got my machine to cut out loads of little circles.
If you don't have a cutter, not to worry, you can still do this. It'll just mean more cutting that's all. You just need circles with an equilateral triangle inside...and you thought you'd never use that grade 10 geometry class!
Something like this:
|Perforate along the triangle lines so that they'll fold easily.|
3) Continue until you make a little cup of 4 circles.
4) Repeat the steps above and then glue your two cups together to make a ball.
5) Just keep repeating all that until you have as many balls as you need.
6) Thread your mono filament onto a craft needle and poke through the top of your ball. Tie a tight knot and hang.
That's it! Pretty simple. There are loads of other versions of this idea out there and a lot of them work off of 5 circles to make each cup, with a row in the middle, and then all of that glued together. I just didn't feel like all that gluing, plus that would take loads and loads of paper.
This is not a permanent solution to my window problem. As soon as I find some blinds that fit, and some fabric I like, I'll make something a little more professional, but for now, I like it. It's fun and whimsical~
The countdown is on for the Creativ Festival !! That's where I'll be this time next week! I can hardly wait. Are you going to be there?!?!? If you are make sure to let me know and somewhere in between the Bata Shoe Museum, shopping, crafting, and sewing we'll make time to meet up!
Don't forget to come back on Monday to share your ideas at the Make it Great Monday party!