So, I did this craft to remind myself about all of the good things in my life and all of the good things I want in my future.
Here's what you need:
|I don't know how I could forget my beloved Mod Podge|
but you'll need some of that too and a foam
brush to paint it on~
1) I got my Silhouette to do most of the work for me but because I don't really know what I'm doing on the Silhouette it sometimes takes longer than it should. In any case, I started by cutting out the words "Hopes, Dreams, Goals, and Wishes" in what I thought was vinyl, but later realized was the transfer paper you use to apply vinyl.
Turns out the paper was perfect because I was going for an etched glass look and this actually did the trick. I adhered one word to each side of my cute little milk bottle.
2) Next I used my Silhouette to print inspirational words onto tiny little circles of scrapbook paper and then cut them out. It's best to use two-sided paper if you can.
3) And here's where you need the Mod Podge. Apply glue to the flat side of large clear marbles (I still had some left over from my Statement Rings project), place your tiny little circle face down, and apply another coat of Mod Podge to seal it in.
4) Once all of my new inspirational marbles were dry, I mixed them in with the rest of my glass thing-a-ma-doies that I picked up at the thrift store.
5) And then the exciting part comes....time to put it all into the... ACK!?!?!!? What the heck?!?!!?
Darn, darn, darn....I didn't think to measure my marbles! They were too big for the bottle opening. Luckily this was a project in positivity. I kept my cool, gently pulled the words off the bottle, re-placed them onto something else, and tah dah! finally got to add my precious dreams, hopes, wishes, and goals~
I added a little hemp twine and placed it on my new DIY bookshelf that I'm getting ready to unveil to you all very, very soon!
What do you think? I think the small milk jar turned out to be a happy accident. I really like everything in the rose bowl instead. That little wavy edge on the top makes it look so pretty.
Leave a comment and let me know...what do you do to keep positive? This is especially challenging for me as the weather starts to get colder and colder around here so I'm really interested in hearing your ideas.
Hope to see you all on Monday at my "Make it Great Monday" linky party! Have a great week everyone~