This project is a little messy, but it's worth it~
Here's what you need to make your own Glitter Bangles.
-old set of bangles from the thrift store (I picked mine up at a garage sale for next to nothing)
-piece of scrap paper
1) Pour a generously thick line of glitter onto your paper.
2) Paint Mod Podge onto your bangle, leaving about an inch or so bare so that you can hold it and set it down to dry. You can go back later and touch up this spot.
|Sorry for the fuzzy pic.|
4) If any glue and glitter squashed over the edges just wipe it off to create a nice clean edge and then let bangles sit for a few hours to dry.
|I use this piece of styrofoam as a drying rack|
but an even better solution would be to hang them.
5) If you had to leave a spot bare make sure you go back and add glue and glitter before you move onto the next step.
6) Once everything is fully covered and dry just go back over top of everything with another layer of Mod Podge to seal it all in. If you miss this step, I guarantee you will be leaving a trail of glitter behind you everywhere you go.
7) Leave your bangles to dry overnight and voila! The Mod Podge will dry clear and you will have some lovely (and glittery) new jewellery for the holidays~
Do you usually have a special Christmas outfit or does your family stay casual for the festivities? Leave a comment below~