Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Show and Tell: Wall Flowers

Long before Umbra came out with their magnetic wall flowers (which you can see hanging in my living room below), I created my own version, which actually came out of another project from even further back.


Originally I cut out some cute little butterflies from heavy weight gift wrap that had a floral theme to it.  This was way before the days of scrapbooking, so I didn't have the choices we have today.  I stuck the butterflies up right on my window in my sewing room for a cute and whimsical feel.

And even though I'm probably far too old to have cutesy flowers and butterflies hanging on my walls....I still do.  (I don't share my house with anyone else, so I can get as girly as I want~)

Easy Papercrafts, DIY Wall flowers, Umbra knockoff, Paper flowers, Easy crafting


I just cut out three sizes of a basic flower shape in origami paper, put some blue sticky poster gunk on the back, and stuck them up on a skinny little wall right by my closet.  They make me smile in the mornings when I'm trying to figure out what on earth I'm going to wear each day.

What do you think?  Are we ever too old for whimsy or is this better left for little girls?

6 comments:

AllieMakes! said...

Those are super cute! And when you are tired of the color or shape, they are super easy to change! Love it!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Shelly said...

love them. I say if it is your house, do what you want with it. visiting you from creatingmemorieswithalliroo.blogspot.com.

chris said...

Simple and so pretty.

{oc cottage} said...

Fabulous!!!

m ^..^

Katherine said...

I, personally,will never be too old for flowers and butterflies. So, so cute! Thanks for linking up!

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

i love those umbra ones...but i like your version better because of the paper choice!

thanks for linking up your flowers last week...

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...