Friday, January 21, 2011

Designer Watch Knock-Off

This is another one of those projects that's been inside my head for longer than I can remember and I just never got around to doing it.

I rarely ever wear a watch.  I find it constricting and besides there's almost always someone nearby that can tell you the time if you  really need to know.  But many years ago, a friend of mine bought herself the most beautiful Gucci watch that I lusted over.  I couldn't fathom paying so much for a watch but I always kept it in my mind that someday I would make something similar.

Here's the inspiration:

Gucci 6100 6100.26136 Wrist Watch for Women
Retails for approximately $850
Here are the supplies I used:

Steps:
1) Carefully remove watch band.


2) Measure and cut two pieces of leather cording.  I liked the look of one long piece on each side, folded in half,  that wrapped around one and a half times (comfortably).


3)  Attach jewellery findings.  I used one end connector on each end of the leather (4 in all), added a jump ring, and connected to a closure.


 













 


TAH DAH!!!

Gucci Knockoff, DIY Watch Band, DIY Jewellery, Easy watch strap, Designer Watch knockoff


I wouldn't turn down the real one but I love my version too, and I must've saved myself at least $840!
I'll be linking up through out the week at all the parties so make sure to check
out the linky party tab and the buttons on the side bar.

Don't forget to leave a comment and let me know what you think of my knock off~

10 comments:

WobiSobi said...

So awesome, I love this...

Katherine said...

To be honest, I like yours better! I love big watch faces! Thanks for linking this up!

THE.PAINTED.STUDIO said...

I really like your watch too. I like how the band makes it look like you have more than just a watch on. Very cute!

Cheryl

www.paintedstudio.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

This is really cute! I would have never thought of trying to make this myself. Love it!

Curtains in My Tree said...

Your Tah Dah is great

Janice

Etcetorize said...

Thanks guys!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Wow, very cool--love the big watch face! Thank you for linking up to Beyond The Picket Fence.

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

I'm not a watch person either...but this is way cute.

Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice last week.

FYI: Creative Juice is on hiatus until the week of Valentine's Day because of The Beat the Winter Blues Party.

If you have any cool photo project you'd like to link up...stop by!

http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com/2011/02/beat-winter-blues-tackle-those.html

Anonymous said...

OsM!!! Gonna try mine ! but cudn get that leather cording @ my place!! :(

Ann said...

Price quite aside, I much prefer your version. Thank you

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...