Friday, January 7, 2011

A New Year, A New Stitch

I promised to share another spool knitting stitch with you so here it is!  If you're new to spool knitting make sure the check out my post on how to make your own Spool Knitter and you can go here to learn the basics of casting on and off and the beginner stitch.

I'll try to do some screen grabs below for those of you who aren't able to watch the videos, buy trust me, it makes much more sense in the video...

                        

                        


Steps:
1) Cast on as usual.

2) On your second section, loop your wool under and up through the wool on the front of the section.


DIY knitting, spool knitting, loom knitting, how to spool knit, how to loom knit, how to purl stitch on a loom, purl stitch

3) Bring the whole section of wool up and off of the knitter.



4) Place the loop down on the knitter, it is now at the front of the section.




That's it, that's the stitch.  Just repeat that over and over on every section and you'll end up with a nice texture to your piece:



I made mine into a short tube and made a toque out of it, but there are so many other fun projects you can make with this.  Let your imagination run wild!




Dreaming of a day when I don't have to wear a toque!

I'm leaving the Spool Party tab open for one more month so that you can share your projects.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I'll be posting this at all the linky parties throughout the week
so make sure to check out all of the fun links on the linky party tab up top.

Did you notice???  I've harnessed the power of the linky and have reorganized all of my pages up top so that you can find projects and other posts easily.  Let me know if you like this new format.

8 comments:

Christine said...

this is a-dor-able!!

Kitty Deschanel said...

Super cute photos!! I love the texture of your hat. :)

WobiSobi said...

This is amazing!! I can not wait to do this. My daughter wants a hat just like this, so so excited, Love your blog !

Katherine said...

So cute! It really turned out great. Like your little video! Thanks for sharing at Gettin' Krafty With It!

maleahbliss said...

Very cool! I had no idea that you can do other stiches on those hoops! I'd love for you to link up to my new linky party, Tute {Yourself} Tuesday!
LittleEme.blogspot.com

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Nice haircut...btw...

Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice Thursday...

AllieMakes! said...

So fun! The kids I used to nany LOVED knitting with these. I will have to try with my own little one, I think she will love it!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Mika said...

Nice hat!
I'm following from the blog
hop. I'd love a follow back at
www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
Thanks,
Mika

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...