Monday, May 27, 2013

Summer Tunic

This week is Lace Week here at Etcetorize!!  Take a look at all of the fun goodies that Wholeport sent me this month.




We're going to start with this awesome crocheted inset.

Only $1.99!

Don't you love the flowers?

It even has it's own built in closure!

I started with this pattern and some batik type cotton I had on hand.

I made View C but lengthened it.

I started by making the top just as I normally would but left out the front facing.  Then I added the crocheted inset right on top.


Making sure to overlap the shoulder seam just a bit.


I stitched it on, cut away the fabric underneath and then completed the side seams, armhole facings, and hem as usual.

Tah dah!  Super cute casual tunic to wear all summer long!


lace inset, crochet, inset, crochet neckline, easy tunic, easy sewing

I was out in the garden so please ignore that green leaf
and my farmer's tan~
Come back tomorrow to find out what else I make with my Wholeport lace stash!



This project was featured here:












8 comments:

Agy said...

Gasp... this is a great idea. love the batik fabric you chose.

Christina @ The Scrappy Housewife said...

Super cute! I didn't know you could buy things like that. Neat. :)

free style creating by Villy said...

good job!!!I like it!
http://freestilcreatingbyvilly.blogspot.gr

With A Blast said...

Lovely! Well done :-) Thank you for sharing this at the WEDNESDAYS ADORNED FROM ABOVE Blog Hop !

the cape on the corner said...

huh. that looks great!

Vickie @ makingoursustainablelife.com said...

so cute! I didn't know you could buy inserts like that - and so inexpensive! You made this look so easy that I will have to try! Thanks!

Anna said...

Beautiful !!!!
Have a nice weekend !
Anna

Kathy Penney said...

This is so pretty! And I would totally buy it if I saw it in a store. If you're linking up this weekend. I'd love if you showed your tunic off at All Things Pretty. http://sparklesandastove.com/all-things-pretty-linky-party-10/

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...