Monday, May 20, 2013

Last Minute Blouse

A couple of weeks ago I sewed like a crazy person trying to get this blouse done before my next work trip.  I got it done, and in the end didn't even take it with me!


I'm still not sure that I'm crazy about the fit but I really love the fabric so I'll give it a test run and see how it wears throughout the day.


This is the pattern I used, another steal from the thrift store (I don't mean that literally, I just love getting patterns for 50 cents!).


I think I'm going to try it with a stretch fabric and not do the side zipper.  It might fit my body a bit better.

Have you ever sewed something up for a certain occasion and then changed your mind at the last minute?  Why do we do that to ourselves?  All the stress for nothing.  Leave a comment and tell us about your last minute toss away projects~

9 comments:

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Great job! Your top looks really cute on you. Can't beat a 50 cent pattern! :)

Jan said...

Your top looks great from here. I can't believe you got the pattern for $.50. Thrift stores in my city are way over priced. Patterns are usually $1.99!

Mandy Coffey said...

Great job! I love it!

Jill said...

Cute top Tamara!
Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Theresa said...

I think you did a great job!
I just did this last week. I stayed up way too late sewing a dress to wear out with the hubby the next evening. It wasn't horrible, but not what I envisioned. Needless to say, it is hanging up in our bedroom hemline unfinished. Why DO we do this to ourselves?

Jessica Cobb said...

I love this top, and I really love that you thrifted the pattern! I'm addicted to thrifting and have a collection of vintage patterns.

www.domesticblisssquared.com

Kayla @ Home Coming said...

It looks great! I'd love if you'd like up to The DIY'ers: http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-diyers-and-some-favorites.html

Unknown said...

I love it, so cute!
We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
Two Girls and a Party
Live every Wednesday to Sunday. Hosted by:
Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life
Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
We hope to see you there!

fashchronicles said...

Love the top on you! And great hair too! :)

Would you like to follow each other via GFC? Be sure to leave a comment when you visit: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...