Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Mantle

AHHHHH!  Christmas is only just over a week away.  And I am NOT ready.  I've been doing so much to try to get ready though that I don't have a Friday tutorial for you today.  So, instead I'll give you a peek at this year's Christmas mantle.

White Christmas Mantle, Natural Christmas Mantle

I usually keep my Christmas decorating the same every year but this year I thought I'd switch up the mantle on my (non-working) fireplace.  I went with an all white theme....ooooh, daring I know~


For the cute little banner I just used my Silhouette to cute out the letters from white cardstock and circles from wax paper.  I ironed the paper together, glued on the letters and the twine and called it a day.


I went through a bit of a pasta obsession last year so I have a major collection of mason jars that used to hold sauce in them.  I added some very simple decorations to a few of them, doilies, twine, punched craft paper, threw some tea lights inside and set them up top.


These cute paper trees are fun too!  I just used three pieces of white photocopier paper, cut out the outline of the funky tree, layered them on top of eachother and sewed down the middle.  Make three sizes and you have a whole forest!


Normally I fill these jars with flashy red Christmas ornaments but I continued with the natural them and threw in my super sized pine cones.

Once all the candle are lit up I think it should look very festive and pretty.

How about you?  Do you change things up every year or do you like to stick with tradition?  Leave a comment below~

You can see last year's mantle HERE and my tree, which looks the same every year, HERE.

3 comments:

ana@carpe_diem said...

First of all, let me tell you - I like your style; not too much, but frestive. And I love whites.
I used to have golden ornaments and decors for number of years, then I switched to grey, silver and red. I don't change them every year, actually I change them every decade :)))

Ginger said...

The trees are gorgeous, and I love the monochromatic, simple scheme. Lovely.

Jill said...

Your mantel looks great Tamara!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...