Friday, January 20, 2012

The Easiest Belt Ever

Some of you may have made a resolution to drop a few pounds this new year, and if you're successful you're going to need something to keep your pants up!  Here's a super easy, super fast, and super stylish way to do just that.

You'll need:
These are enough supplies to  make two belts~
Steps:
1) Use ribbon that has some body to it so that it doesn't just fold over in your belt loops.  Grosgrain is great because there's no wrong side to it, but some beautiful velveteen ribbon works too.  First, wrap your ribbon around your mid section and add about 10-12 inches (measure lower if you're planning on wearing it with low rise pants).  Snip.

2) Fold over one end and iron down.


3) Place two D rings down on the end of your ribbon and fold it in.  Once you've decided how much to fold, remove your D rings and steam the fold down.



4) Place your D rings inside the fold and stitch down your ribbon close to the edge.

5) Fold the edge of the other end over twice and stitch down.  The trick to this step is to fold it towards the right side of the belt.  This end will double over and you'll see the back side on the outside.  Make sense?  Not really, but trust me, fold it forward.


That's basically it.  You're done!  Throw it on over a pretty blouse, sweater, or with some dress pants to add some razzamatazz to that blah boring outfit.


For velveteen ribbon I didn't even finish the ends.  I just used some Fray Check and stitched it down.  No ironing, it just crushes the velvet.  See?  Super simple!



DIY Belt, How to make a belt, Easy DIY, Make your own belt, Ribbon Belt, Grosgrain belt, velveteen belt

You actually don't even have to drop any pounds, you can just wear one of these to feel pretty~  (Go ahead, have that extra scoop of ice-cream, oooooh, I know, I'm a bad influence.)

13 comments:

WobiSobi said...

Love these, Blue velvet especially!!

Abbie said...

Love these Tamara! They turned out great, and yes, SO easy!

Thanks a million for linking up at Feature Friday FREE-FOR-ALL!


~Abbie

Gen said...

Oh Wow! Super Cute!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love belts and these are so cute!!

marysews said...

Grosgrain ribbon belts were a big deal in the '70s. I'm glad they are coming back!

Jill said...

Great belts - and so simple too!!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Rose :: FineCraftGuild.com said...

Your last comments made me laugh, but your belts make me go... 'when am I finally going to get around doing this'. So, thank you for the prompter. You did a good job on them.

I already have the belt buckles... All I still have to do is pick the ribbon!

Jenn said...

this is so great. I'd love for you to share it at our linky party.
http://housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com/2012/01/one-year-blogaversary-and-new-linky.html

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC!!! That even looks simple enough for me to do.
I am adding this to my to do list

Mindie Hilton said...

Cute belts. I love when they are worn over cardis. Please come share at Bacon Time's friday linky.

Stephanie said...

Such cute belts!! Thanks for showing us how to make them!!
gatheredinthekitchen.com

Boden said...

How easy is that? Cuteness! I'd be SO pumped if you'd come and share this (and any other projects you'd like to show off) at the Head to Head Showdown link party, going on right now at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com I hope to see you there! ~Jen

Unknown said...

Tamara you are so very clever! I love the belts so cute!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...