Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Simple Happy Birthday Card

As I confessed a couple of weeks ago, cardmaking is not something that comes easily to me.  So, I've decided I should go back to basics and try to build a better foundation in this area of my crafts.

I had the perfect chance to practice with a card for my Dad's birthday.

birthday card, simple card, easy cardmaking

 After playing around with Silhouette for longer than I'd like to admit, I finally got my flags to attach to my border and not get cut off.


I cut out the medallion and then printed on it, then I embossed it.  As I mentioned before I don't have an embossing machine, I just press down really hard on the folder.  The last time I mentioned this someone commented that I must be really strong, but really I'm not.  If you're doing small piece like this, you can do it without a machine.  You could even try using a rolling pin if you're a super weakling.


The medallion is on some pop dots to give it just a bit of dimension.


Can you tell how old my Dad is?  He's been here for 23, 010 days.  You have to be careful with this sentiment and make sure the receiver has a good sense of humour, otherwise they might get a little depressed~

Do you have any embossing tricks to share?  Leave a comment below~

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

I've never tried embossing, but this card is so sweet. I love the "day" comment. lol...

Tanya Anurag said...

The card looks lovely. Like the choice of colors and words :)

Wishing your Dad a good one!

-Tanya
http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet card. I love the embossed look. Thanks for linking up at Creative Collection.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...