Wednesday, July 17, 2013

You Make Me Smile

That's right!  You do!


I picked up this little mini pad of paper recently and decided to put it to good use.


You may have noticed that all of the cards I make are the same size.  That's because I have a couple of boxes of these blank cards I got for free and use them as my base.


And here's what I came up with!


My Silhouette did all the work for me, including the cute 3D butterflies.


Here's the card from Pinterest that inspired me, original is from JenniferMcGuireInk:

BG2

Do you give cards just for the heck of it or do you save them just for special occasions?  Leave a comment below~

8 comments:

Saraccino said...

I am writing postcards nearly every week to a lot of people: My grandmother living in a different part of germany, my sister studying in Barcelona, several friends living in other parts of germany or europe... and even for a friend living in the same city next to me, but she has a lot of stress and to get a card in the post after a long workday always makes her smile :)

Every time I see a nice card I buy it and send it. I always have stamps and pens with me, so there is never ever an excuse not to do it.

For my family and my friends it means a lot to get a card. A card by snail mail say "I think of you" better than every email, sms or else ever could.

srpprcrftr said...

Lets hope your post will be a good influence for all of us to send loved ones cards, letters or postcards. Too many of us have gotten lazy about sending snail mail. I know I'm sure guilty of that. love your card you featured, very nice. Happy summer

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous! Are the butterflies from a punch?

Astrid Maclean said...

Great card, love those butterflies! And boy I envy you your silhouette, must be great to have one of those to do all the fiddly stuff for you!

Donna Wilkes said...

Beautiful card! Funny - all my cards are a certain size because I lucked up on a big box of very nice envelopes years ago! I send cards for all major events and "just because" times.

Anna said...

Adorable...
Anna

Unknown said...

Wow, this is simply gorgeous! The butterflies, the sentiment...well done! Thanks so much for sharing at The Project Stash!

Unknown said...

I really like these! The butterflies are so cute!

I hope you come link up with us at our ink up party!
http://www.sowderingabout.com/2013/07/on-display-monday-11.html

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...