But here in Blogland it's been Christmas for quite some time, so I thought I better get with it.
Here's what you need to make your own quick and easy Christmas luminaries:
-Mod Podge and sponge brush
-cutting machine or scissors/craft knife
Optional: Sparkle/Glimmer Mod Podge
1) Clean out your jars and remove all of the labels and glue. Then measure the distance around the body to see how long to make your cut out design.
|overlap just a bit so that you
don't have any gaps in your design
2) Use your cutting machine, or freehand, create your cutouts.
I used my Silhouette and made 2 wintery Christmas designs and one with, of course, butterflies.
I made the butterfly design myself~
3) Slap a good layer of Mod Podge onto your jar.
4) Adhere each paper cut out to a jar. Add more Mod Podge on top to secure everything.
5) If you want to add just a little extra something, add a layer of Sparkle Mod Podge on top. I had some Martha Stewart glitter decoupage glue in my stash so I decided to try it. It's not bad, but I found that it wasn't enough. I went back over it again with Mod Podge Sparkle (the pink label). The Mod Podge glue has a much bigger sparkle/glimmer factor.
I can't capture the glitter in a pic but it's so pretty. It looks like snow falling down on the trees. And I love how the birch tree cut outs glow.
Yay! 1 Christmas craft down, countless more to go. Have you started Christmas crafting yet? Leave a comment below~