Whenever I go on vacation it's usually for a fairly lengthy time, usually far too long for me to be able to keep track of everything that happens inside my little head. So, I always take a travel journal with me, a new one for each trip.
Instead of purchasing something though, I decided to embellish something I already had laying around. It seems the latest and greatest "gift" to give employees at my workplace are small recycled plain notebooks. I suppose the idea is that we're supposed to use them for work, seeing as the logo is plastered right on the front, but you know, I like to be a little different~
Here's what you'll need to make your own journal:
|I also used my Silhouette SD, add a pair of scissors
or punches if you don't have an electronic cutter
1) At first I was going to cut out some flowers to put on the front of my book but I just couldn't find anything that caught my eye in my Silhouette library. Then I remembered...I'm a butterfly girl! So, I cut out some cute little butterflies in several bright papers.
2) I used Mod Podge to adhere them to the front of my book. I decided not to do another layer of Mod Podge on top just to go along with the whole recycled earthy look the cover already has.
|I forgot to take a shot with them all glued down
but you'll see that in a bit~
4) Just cut a bunch of tab shapes in the same pretty papers, score the centre lines and get ready to glue.
6) Turn the page over and press down the other side. So super easy!
7) Section off your book and add your tabs throughout. In my travel journals I like to have these sections:
But wait...there's more! While I had my Mod Podge out I figured I better cover the logo on my pen too.
So, there it is all together and ready to go. I can't wait to use it!
If you want to keep up with my travels just click here.