Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Show and Tell: Soaps

Have you ever bought something thinking you couldn't wait to use it, just had to have it because it was such a great deal, and you just knew it would come in super handy...and then it sat in the closet for years...untouched????  Just me?  Ohhhkayyyyyyyy, anyway...

A few weeks ago when I pulled out my long forgotten Candle Making kit to create my Pinspired Crystal Candles, I also pulled out my long forgotten Soap Making kit.

It's been many years since I bought it but I do remember it was a steal.  It came with a pack of soap, a mold, and a cool soap melter, all for the low low price of $9.99.  I had to have it! 

And here's what I made with it:

 I used a silicon mold I bought when I thought I was going to get into resin work (another unopened box in my closet).
I think the bumpy hydrangea petals will feel good in the shower~
And these ones were made with the mold that came with the kit.

I love how transparent they are~
I took a peek in Micheal's recently and they have loads of neato soap making supplies.  This just might become another new obsession.  It was super easy and wasn't anywhere near as messy as I thought it would be.

And they make super cute little gifts!


3 comments:

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

soooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty my friend!!!! loving the color and the presentation -- picture perfect...hugs!

Little City Farm said...

Super cute is right!

Denise Burton said...

LOL!!! I have box each of candle and soap making things on my shelf that haven't been opened yet either. Thinking about bringing it out!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...