If you've just had a manicure I suggest you get out some rubber gloves because this one is going to get a little messy.
Here's what I used for this project:
|I always forget one thing for these supply photos (sigh)|
in this case it was scissors, they'll come in handy
when you need to cut your lace~
1) Tear or cut your napkin in half.
2) Take one large, tacky, gaudy, and quite ugly bangle and smother it with Mod Podge
3) Smoosh one of your 'half' napkins on top and wrap it to the inside
4) Don't worry if at first it looks crazy messy, because now you're going to start smoothing it out, tearing away excess paper, and adding to any spaces that are bare
5) And if you've ever Mod Podged before, you know what's next....throw another layer of the stuff right on top of your newly smoothed out napkin
7) Once you've got it secured you can add another layer of Mod Podge on top of the lace, making sure to secure the edges of the lace down.
|Please ignore my brush, it was the only one I had left.|
This will work much better if you use a normal sized
smaller sponge brush.
You can see, I did some smaller bracelets too using a contrasting peachy napkin as the base. These are the same napkin's I've used for everything from covering pencils to coasters and picture frames to Easter Eggs . I left one of the smaller bracelets without lace just to add something different to the mix.
Voila! Some shabby chic bracelets!
What do you think? I love it when something so ugly turns into something sooooo pretty!
As always, check out the linky party page. So many great ideas, just a few clicks away!