I couldn't really figure out what I wanted to do with them so I decided to experiment with a little hodge podge of different techniques to see what I came up with.
Here's what I used to make the first batch:
1) Coat your eggs with glue.
2) Sprinkle some glitter on top.
I tried a few different colours and patterns:
3) Add a coat of Mod Podge (of course, I used my fav, Sparkle Mod Podge, because you can never have too much glitter).
I'll show you how they look dried later on.
Now for my next set, it's pretty much the same idea with a few different materials.
1) Paint the eggs with some acrylic paint. I used a lovely shade of tan. Not typical for Easter but I wanted all of the eggs to have some kind of matchiness to them.
The acrylic paint goes on quite sheer.
2) While your eggs are drying, head over to The Graphics Fairy and pick out some beautiful vintage images.
Print them out and cut around the edges. I should've made mine smaller. If you shrink down the image to somewhere around 1/6th of a page it'll probably be close to a good size to work with.
3) Wet the image with plain old water to make it more flexible.
4) Paint a coat of regular Mod Podge onto your painted egg. Adhere your image and paint another layer on top. I also added some more paint.
While those two were drying I decided to try to Mod Podge with a pretty napkin as well. Napkins work great with Mod Podge. Because they're so thin you can usually make them shape to almost anything.
As everything was drying, I gathered up some pretty lace and ribbons, got out my cloche I made at Christmas time (made with a cheese dome thingy and a glass candle stick).
After everything was super dry, I just added them to the cloche, tied the ribbons along the bottom edge, and ooh la la, a collection of not so typical Easter eggs was born! And not as ugly as you thought they'd be~
I think I need to add some more glittery ones. Are you decorating for Easter? Leave a comment below and share your ideas on egg decorating techniques or just let me know what you think of this project.
I added a couple of new linky parties.
Check out the linky party tab and see if you can find them~
Also, don't forget, if you have a blog there's a chance for some free advertising
on the Follow My Friends Tab.
Have a great week everyone!